Graphing ‘O’ the Green
Use a die cut machine to cut out shamrocks. Enough for each student to have a few. Put “green” statements on the bottom. If they agree, they write their name on the shamrock and post it above the statement. For example, My favorite color is green. I like to eat green beans. and so on.
Used in math center during butterfly unit.
Made with circle stickers and index cards.
Created a recording sheet based on my kids’ levels.
1. I printed out blank unifix cube worksheets and wrote the numbers on them. I got mine from Hubbards Cupboard.
2. Glue onto construction paper and laminate. I differentiated mine based on the kids levels, counting by ones, twos and tens.
3. Using circle stickers, I wrote the same numbers and stuck them on the unifix cubes. (If your cubes are solid, you can skip the stickers and it will be permanent. I would have preferred that but mine had holes).
Math Center Activity
1. Students choose a card with a number on them.
2. Students count the correct number of foam “Teeth” and place them on the pumpkin.
1. Do a group tasting of apples.
2. Write name on apple. Graph favorite kind of apple.
3. Transfer the data from group graph onto pictograph worksheet.
Skip Counting Hop Scotch
My students were studying counting by fives so that we could get busy using TouchMoney. You could change this to counting by tens as well.
I laminated sheets of construction paper after I wrote the numbers on them. I taped them to the floor using packaging tape. It stayed for a few months until I got tired of looking at it!
Math Pocketchart Center
1. Put numbers 1-5 in order
2. Copy/make a pattern
3. Practice skip counting by tens